Thursday, August 2, 2018

Hospital Update: 31 weeks

Hi Friends,

I wanted to hop on and share a brief update. You all have been so amazing to reach out with your words of encouragement and offering of prayer. We are so blessed to be surrounded by such an amazing group of people that genuinely share and feel our hurt. Thank you.

This past Monday (July 30, 2018) while were enjoying lunch at Chick-Fil-A with some girlfriends I began to have some contractions. I didn't think much of them since they weren't too painful and were easy to ignore while chatting with the girls. After about an hour I had counted about 15 contractions so I decided it was time to text my doctor and get his opinion. He suggested I go straight to Labor and Delivery but I was sure this wasn't anything to get "worked up" over so I asked if I could just come in for a quick office visit instead. Once I got to my OBGYN's office they hooked me up to a monitor and within 4 minutes I had three contractions -- so I was sent directly over to the hospital.

When I got to triage in L&D they whisked me into a room to get things checked out. I was 2 centimeters dilated and 70% effaced while my contractions were toppling over each other, I was absolutely in preterm labor. I will admit that this next hour of my life was one of the most terrifying... for the first time it felt real. Like the day that I have been fearing the most was upon us WAY sooner than we could have ever imagined. Since I am only 31 weeks the Neonatologist's have explained that if Sadie should come now that there is a very real chance she would be stillborn or if she is born alive that we would be looking at mere minutes with her. We all understand her prognosis will not be good no matter what gestation she is born, but if we are able to keep her inside just a few more weeks it would possibly give us more time with her so that is the route we are on now.

As of  now, our doctors have been able to slow the contractions down a bit but have not been able to completely stop them. They have asked that we stay in the hospital through the weekend to see if they can get the contractions manageable enough on oral medication so that we could head home but if they aren't able to get them under control by Sunday we will just have to let my body go ahead and deliver.

So we wait... we have no idea what the next week, day or even hour will hold. We humbly ask for your continued prayers. I have become very aware of how little control I really have lately... For someone who likes to be in charge this isn't the most enjoyable feeling but I am learning to fully rely on God and allow Him to carry us through all of this.

6 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to update the blog tonight, babe. So many praying! Thanks so much to everyone for lifting our family up to the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying. Wish I had something more profound to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y’all are & will continue to be in thoughts & prayer. Thomas had just asked today if I had heard anything. Just be still(I know it’s hard) & know that God controls all of this. His plan, not ours. You are both strong, courageous warriors of our Lord & yalls walk is such a testament of faith. Love you girl😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your family. ❤️ I’m at a loss for words, but even so, we are by your side and lifting you guys up. Please let me know if y’all need anything. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  5. Up praying as usual, so figure I might as well type it out :). Good Good Father - we thank you for answering the cry of this family’s heart to have more time with Sadie the princess. We believe and declare that she will stay in utero and that the contractions would cease now in the mighty and matchless name of Jesus! Bless this time as they hold tightly to you and to each other - thank you for the spiritual heritage of this child and all the prayers going up for her. You said your word would not return void, so we stand on the promises that show your most kind and gracious heart towards us. What a testimony the Ladd Family will have for your glory - AMEN!! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, Drew, and family..thank you for the update. I am so sorry that all this is happening. I call upon the Lord Jesus on your behalf and know that He is with you all. He is the God of all comfort..there is no lack in Him. Jesus, hold this dear family even closer....

    ReplyDelete